Thursday, October 8, 2009

Catch-up

Hey Everyone, I know I haven't posted for a while, partially due to the reason that I've been so busy, and also that my camera hasn't been working well enough to suit me. So the following will be kinda random, but it will just give you a few glimpses into my summer. Enjoy!


This photo doesn't do this plant justice in the least, but this is the second time I've tried growing a "Love Lies Bleeding" Amaranth plant and I was pretty pleased with the results. :)

Sorry about the poor quality of this picture, but at the pumpkin festival we were able to see the Budweiser Clydesdales.


This is our to-be castle wall for our church's "Reformation Day Faire" that will be held on Oct. 23-24.


Pepperoni is trying to catch a butterfly. I thought it was so funny how he stood on his hind legs ready to pounce. Not to worry, the butterfly made it away safely.


Again, I wish I had more pictures to share of this wonderful event. This was our church's 1st Multi Church Jubilee Picnic. We had members from 5 like-minded churches attend this at Birchwood park here locally in Morton. Again, check out Sierra's blog for more pictures and info.


Now the following pictures are from on top of the King's "Harvestore" Silo. Sierra and I climbed all the way to the top and believe me, it was quite an accomplishment. :) Quite unnerving when you look down, and even scarier if you look down on the way up climbing that ladder. (thankfully it had somewhat of a guard that surrounded you, and the ladder)






This is a picture from our "Soda is Evil" shooting session, we took soda, shook it up in the can, and then shot it with my air pump gun. You can check out Sierra's blog for more on that.

This is Mai Kyono from Japan! She was our neighbor's exchange student and was visiting the U.S. for about a month.

2 comments:

Elissa said...

Fun pictures!
What's wrong with your camera? I know I would be paralyzed if something happened to mine :D

That plant is really neat, I would love to see it in person!

The picture of your kitten Pepperoni is adorable, and that butterfly is absolutely beautiful!


~Elissa

Josiah David said...

Hey Elissa! Well, I think the most annoying thing about it is that I seem to have "outgrown" it per-se, also, the lens protector doesn't open automatically like it should, and the resolution doesn't do what I need it to do, because I like to use good pictures for things that require me to blow it up. (it's a relatively old point-and-shoot) So I use Sierra's camera when I can, and am much more satisfied. :)
Well, I hope someday soon you and your family will be able to make it out here to central Illinois!

-Josaih