Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday Father's Day

Since we don't really like to celebrate Father or Mother's Day on Sunday because it's the Lord's day, we decided to celebrate it today. We ended up going to Hickory River Smokehouse for Dinner to see how close they really came to a Texas BBQ, and you know what? I think they did a pretty good job. It reminded me of those Bill Miller's BBQ Restraunts they have down there. Of course it wasn't quite there, but for the most part it was really good. It sure smelled like it though!
I am really thankful for my dad, he, with my mom have always told us to "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you". They encourage us kids constantlyto grow stronger in the Lord. I'm sure your parents do the same for you too. Make sure to thank God for them, not only around holidays, but everyday. Our parents have done so much for us that we will never be able to realize just how much they have done for us.
Yum!
Dad reading his Father's Day card

We wanted to take a picture of the whole fam together, but I couldn't hold it out far enough, so here is who was on the other side of the table.
I love you Mom and Dad

No comments: